- I am the only person in my household who can turn OFF an electric appliance and/or light switch when exiting a room. I came home last night, and the kitchen and living room were ablaze, even though no one was anywhere near them.
- Paper towels can only be replenished by Mom. Who knew? They all know where the paper towels are kept, yet I keep walking in to an empty spindle.
- My daughter actually does homework better with her dad than she does with me. With me there is much lamenting, keening, and rending of cloth. With Dad, she just does it. SO not fair.
- When it comes to meals, my kids can talk my husband into going out with little to no effort. It does not help that left to his own devices, he would eat fast food every day of his life. They ate at Cici's last night (Blech!), even though I'd said he needed to MAKE dinner. At least a coupon was used.
- The dog was the only one happy to see me.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
What I've learned about my household
Now that my husband is out of work, he's in charge on the night I teach some late classes. I arrive home about 9:30, when things should be calmed down, kids sequestered in rooms. These are the things I've noticed: