Friday, February 8, 2013

I have issues

One issue is that I am a klutz.  I mean, I can walk and chew gum at the same time--most days--but let's just say I'm not known for my "graceful as a gazelle" countenance. I once had a co-worker and friend comment she LOVED when I came to work, because I immediately straightened up all the bulky things we worked with behind our desk.  I finally clued her in that it was because if things were left all humble jumble, I was SURE to bump, walk into, or trip over it.

My other issue is on my best of days I'm a sub-par house cleaner.  I used to be fairly good at this task, and then the children came.  Now that I'm flying in 17 different directions, I simply cannot bear to spend time completing a task  that will be undone by the heathens I live with by the end of the day.  I don't have that kind of time to follow them around and wipe, disinfect, pick up after them.

Often, however, I feel a domestic spurt coming on (read, avoiding grading desperately, often after reading the first paper that depresses me).  When I go domestic, yo, I GO! So I WENT.  I had chicken soup bubbling away on the stove, I'd chopped up and cleaned all the fruits and veggies from the store and put them in their little air tight boxes, stacked up neatly in the fridge, filled the dishwasher, and I'd decided to clean my kitchen sink.  I'm a devotee of the Soft Scrub with bleach product, so a scrubbing I went.

Somehow, while leaning over to really get a good scrub on, I scrubbed vigorously, and a sloppy gush of Soft Scrub runoff splashed back at me, missed my glasses and landed IN. MY. EYE. So I've got Soft Scrub all over my hands past my wrists, in my eye, and I can't use my hands to put water in it to flush.  What did I do?  I screamed for my husband, who was thankfully home.  However, trying to explain what happened quickly, run for the bathroom, and get his hands with water actually TO my eye was another comedy of errors. And it wasn't easy to do while keening like a panicked howler monkey.

Eye is stinging, but fine.

Tell me other people have these issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment